Bucktown Arts Festival
- August 23rd and 24th 11am - 7pm
- Senior Citizens Memorial Park - 2300 N. Oakley - Bucktown
Image courtesy of Bucktown Arts Fest via Facebook
Now in its 29th year, and located right in Holstein Park, the Bucktown Arts fest has grown to become a neighborhood tradition and one of the city’s – and the country’s – premier arts festivals showcasing close to 200 participating artists, plus countless musicians, dancers, poets & performers and attracting more than 30,000 visitors annually.
But that's not all. The Bucktown Arts Festival is also featuring a variety of craft beer. Summit Summer Ale, which will be available all weekend, and a rotating list of more than 20 specialty brews. These are beers you don’t normally see at summer festivals, provided by the beer experts at Lakeshore Beverage.
The Bucktown Arts Fest has one barrel of each, so once a certain beer runs out, it won’t be back. The craft beer starts flowing at 1 p.m. on Saturday when the first two specialty barrels are tapped. After each runs dry, another specialty beer takes its place.
A few highlights of the craft beer being featured include (not necessarily tapped in this order):
Saturday, August 23
- Ale Syndicate du Sable Belgian Ale
- Founders Double Trouble IIPA
- Founders Rubaeus Raspberry Ale
- Goose Island The Ogden Belgian Tripel
- Moody Tongue Crushed Green Coriander Wit
- Uinta Dubhe Black IPA
Sunday, August 24
- 3 Sheeps Baaad Boy Black Wheat Ale
- Brooklyn Brewing Sorachi Ace Saison
- Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail IIPA
- Flossmoor Station Dunkelweizen
- Local Option Sweet Leif Biere de Garde
- Ommegang Belgian Independence Day 2014 Belgian Ale
The Bucktown Arts Fest is a non-profit, all volunteer-run, neighborhood celebration of the arts— with no corporate sponsorship. Admission is free. All proceeds from the Fest go to develop and support arts and education programming at Holstein Park and in the Bucktown/Wicker Park neighborhoods.