Our Free Mondays have been hotter than ever this winter and TONIGHT
we continue our streak with Brooklyn's ICE Balloons featuring Kyp Malone
from TV on the Radio.
Show starts at 9pm.
10 Best Bands of 2013 – New York Observer
"Brilliant band of bizarros" –Village Voice
"This lurching, fuzzed-out act – fronted, naturally by a half-man, half fly
creature –is just the thing to make you feel you’ve stepped into another
dimension.” –New York Observer
1035 N. Western Avenue Chicago.
Wicker Park Bucktown Insider's Guide
Date: Monday, March 17, 2014
Concert Entrance: Double Door 1551 N. Damen Ave. Chicago, Il, 60622
Time: Doors: 7:30 pm / Show: 8:30 pm
Price: $10 Adv / $20 DOS - Ladies get in free
The Beer Nuts: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beer-Nuts-Fan-Page/108000979226688
Mexican Werewolf: http://mexicanwerewolf.bandcamp.com/
She's Crafty: https://www.facebook.com/shescraftychi
Good morning everyone - this dog, Ryan, escaped from her back yard yesterday in Bucktown. She's somewhat timid and does show some fear aggression so if you see her please approach her slowly. Let her come to you. Treats will help.
She belongs to Kriser Store Manager, Mary Miller. She heads up the location in Bucktown at 1658 N. Milwaukee Avenue. Phone #- 773-235-1790.
Thanks, as always, for your help.
Additional details below including contact information:
A woman in her 20's was stabbed after leaving a Wicker Park nightclub according to a report published earlier today by ABC News.
The woman was stabbed in the block of 1500 N. Damen Avenue in front of Flash Taco at approximately 2:00am Friday morning. Police say a man and woman pulled up in a car yelling gang slogans. A physical altercation resulted with a woman being stabbed in the neck and check.
The woman was admitted to Stoger hospital and her wounds are not considered life threateing.
photo courtesy of Leghorn Chicken via Twitter
Wicker Wire: Ukrainian Village's Leghorn Chicken at 959 N. Western Avenue opens Thursday according to a report published earlier today via Chicagoist.
The menu created by owner Jared Van Camp and Chef Sieger Bayer will feature 2 different types of sandwiches: pickle brined and Nashville-style hot chicken. They will offer rotating menu items like fried chicken skin, chicken nuggets and chicken fried fries and use only locally sourced chicken and produce.
Leghorn Chicken will open daily at 11am and will stay open until they run out of food.
Wicker Wire: The Mariano's sign is officially up at 2021 W. Chicago Avenue and the former Dominick's Pharmacy is now a Mariano's Pharmacy ... and it's currently open for business.
The team at the new location in Ukrainian Village told us they are targeting a late March opening for the rest of the store.
Fingers are crossed.
Wicker Wire: We reported earlier that Trader Joe's has set their sights on the former Miller Lumber site at 1815 W. Division Street (Division Street and Honore) just West of the LaSalle II Elementary School in Wicker Park for their next location. Initial plans include the grocery store in the 14,000 square foot space on the ground floor and 2 levels of parking above.
The first meeting with the developer is scheduled for Monday March 3rd and 6:00pm at the LaSalle II Elementary School where preliminary plans will be presented. And, according to reports, a detailed list of concerns for the new store has been compiled. The primary concerns involve trucks and the additional traffic the store will bring to that location.
If you'd like to attend the public meeting, it will be held with the developer and the school council: Monday March 3rd. LaSalle II Elementary School 1148 N. Honore. 6:00pm
photo courtesy of http://thepopculturelypse.wordpress.com
Wicker Wire: Many know the space at 1514 N. Milwaukee Avenue (the corner of Milwaukee Avenue and Honore) as the movie location for High Fidelity's fictional record store "Championship Vinyl". The then-empty store was transformed into a studio set that acted as the primary location for the 2000 film and was owned by John Cusack's character Rob Gordon.
After filming the storefront remained empty until 2008 when it was boarded up.
This week DNAInfo is reporting that the commercial storefront was sold to a Newcastle-limited venture called House Music LLC on February 7, 2014 for $1.4 million dollars. The property above the commercial space is condos.
The corner space is 3,000 square feet with exposed brick and 13 foot ceilings. No word yet on possible tenants. We will keep you posted.
In case you missed the announcement in our Weekend Guide on Friday:
Chicago Athletic Club's newest location at 2040 W. North Avenue has been in the works for a very long time. Moving into the "Marvin Envelope Company" Building just West of North-Damen and Milwaukee Avenue, the fitness company encountered a few challenges along the way with construction within such a large brick, historic location. And plans had to be modified along the way resulting in a number of delays.
Chicago Athletic Club announced last week they were hosting previews February 26th and February 27th from 5:00pm - 8:30pm. You can even take a free class or 2 from 6pm - 8pm tonight.
We'll be at Double Door's 20th Anniversary Party tonight so be sure to let us know what you think of the neighborhood's newest gym via Facebook and/or Twitter. The Bucktown Athletic Club is scheduled to open March 6, 2014.
images courtesy of Chicago Athletic Club
- Free Yoga Plus Free Snacks
- Suspect Arrested, May Be Bucktown Creeper, Charges Pending
- Tonight! Wicker Park's Final 2016 Movie in The Park
- 2 Men Shot in Wicker Park Early Saturday Morning
- CRIME ALERT: 3 Beaten, Robbed in Wicker Park
- Edward Scissorhands Heads to Wicker Park
- FREE Yoga Tonight In Wicker Park
- Wicker Park's Mahalo Opens Wednesday in Former Bom Bolla Space
- Chef of Bucktown's Le Bouchon Killed in 15 Car Pileup
- 2 More Shootings Occur in Wicker Park Area
- Advertisement (1)
- Bucktown (309)
- bucktown bars (42)
- bucktown chicago (239)
- bucktown crime (14)
- Bucktown Festivals (45)
- bucktown rad events (14)
- bucktown restaurants (48)
- Bucktown Retail News (3)
- celebrity sightings wickerpark bucktown (1)
- chicago (1)
- chicago advertising opportunities (2)
- chicago artists (1)
- Chicago Craft Beer Week (1)
- chicago emergency veterinary specialty (3)
- chicago fire filming (5)
- Chicago Real Estate (16)
- chicago veterinary emergency specialty clinic (1)
- crime wicker park bucktown (2)
- do division wicker park (5)
- dr seth ghantous (2)
- lakeview advertising opportunities (1)
- lincoln park advertising opportunities (1)
- logan square advertising opportunities (1)
- Logan Square Chicago (5)
- Submit A Wicker Park Bucktown Business (1)
- weekend guide (3)
- west town advertising (4)
- Wicker Park (295)
- wicker park art (4)
- wicker park bars (56)
- wicker park bucktown alert (18)
- wicker park bucktown closings (1)
- wicker park bucktown community (10)
- Wicker Park Bucktown Contests (3)
- wicker park bucktown farmers market (1)
- wicker park bucktown filming (3)
- wicker park bucktown internships (1)
- wicker park bucktown marketing (2)
- wicker park bucktown news (43)
- wicker park bucktown real estate (31)
- Wicker Park Bucktown Restaurants (54)
- wicker park bucktown shopping (2)
- wicker park bucktown weekend guide (26)
- wicker park business closings (2)
- wicker park chicago (202)
- wicker park crime (22)
- wicker park farmers market (16)
- wicker park fest (5)
- Wicker Park Festivals (53)
- wicker park history (1)
- wicker park lollapalooza (1)
- wicker park music (25)
- wicker park rad events (59)
- wicker park real estate (13)
- wicker park restaurants (82)
- wicker park weekend guide (26)
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, Bars, Shopping, Art Exhibits (26)
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, Holiday, Shopping, Events (5)
- wickerpark bucktown black wednesday (1)
- wickerpark bucktown community (7)
- WickerPark Bucktown Deals (2)
- WickerPark Bucktown Elections (1)
- wickerpark bucktown events (2)
- wickerpark bucktown festivals (1)
- wickerpark bucktown lost and found (2)
- wickerpark bucktown rad events (5)
- wickerpark bucktown sunday scoop (1)
- wickerpark veterinary clinic (1)